Watson School 1910 – 1953
Located southeast of Vermilion, Watson School was named for one of the very early settlers in the community. When the school closed, the building was purchased by Bob and Edna Lamport. It was moved to their yard. Edna taught at Watson the last year it was open. Bob likes to tell that he bought the building for “sentimental” reasons.
The school site marker was erected by Bob and his son Randy In the fall of 2007. A few Watson folk are planning to go out and have some pictures taken by the sign this summer.