- The Central East Retired Teachers’ of Alberta will accept into full membership with voting power, any retired teacher who is receiving a pension from the Alberta Teacher Retirement Fund (ATRF), Barnett House, Edmonton, Alberta or any retired teacher who has contributed to ARTA for 5 years.
NOTE: You must be a Regular Member of ARTA and CERTA to represent CERTA at ARTA functions and to take part in ARTA matters.
Central East Retired Teachers’ of Alberta will accept as associate members:
- The spouse/partner of any teacher described as a Regular Member.
- The spouse/partner of a deceased retired teacher, receiving a joint pension.
- Former Alberta teachers who are of pensionable age and are not in receipt of a pension.
- Any retired teacher of pensionable age who is living in the Northwestern Alberta area.
- The spouse/partner of any teacher described in 2(1.d).
- Any retired educator of a school board, post-secondary institution or technical institute, etc. living in Northwestern Alberta and their spouse/partner.
- Any retired educational support staff member living in Northwestern Alberta and their spouse/partner.
Associate members will have restricted voting power as follows:
- Full voting power on matters of local concern.
- No voting power on matters relating to ARTA.
- Associate members will be eligible for election to the executive, except for the positions of President, Vice-President and ARTA delegate, and may sit on local committees.
Any CERTA member who has reached the full age of 85 years as of July 1 and has been an active member of CERTA for at least five (5) years.
Honorary membership may be granted to any retired person who through the years has been exceptionally active in educational circles. This person shall have the status of an Associate Member. Honorary membership will be granted by the organization.