Tulliby Lake 1920 – 1952

Tulliby Lake School was located on a quiet country road a few miles west of where the Tulliby Lake Store and school are now situated. The School District was named after the nearby Tulliby Lake, which in turn was named for the kind of fish very commonly found in it. The school was open until 1952 when the students were sent to the Tulliby Lake Central School which had opened, as a two room school.

The School site marker was erected at the corner of the school grounds. Former students walked the grounds attempting to find former favorite haunts. Then we moved on to Tulliby Lake Store and Café where the group had their noon meal and moved on to do three more signs that day.

Margaret Wolters

Tulliby Lake School
Sign Placement