Queenie Creek School S. D. # 1875 1909- 1953
Queenie Creek School was north of Vermilion and opened in 1909. After a number of very active years the school closed in 1953.
Arleigh (Dixon) Stone went in search of the school site. Knowing the general location she walked through a lovely field of wheat to a group of trees, looked west and saw the roof of her Dad’s old barn. She knew she had the right site. She had always been able to see that barn from the school window.
Several former students recalled old times as they watched the school site marker go up. The road by the school site is not well travelled, but perhaps some “trail riders” will ride by and learn that a little country school house was once there.