Moreton School 1919- 1956

This school district is south and east of Clandonald. Moreton was a typical little one room school. There was no well, so water had to be carried. No one thought of this as a hardship, it was just the way it was. Former students remember the hill near the school where the children used to slide down with their homemade sleds. A memory of one lady is that when she was quite small there were some very tall boys at the school and she doesn’t remember ever being bullied. The older children looked after the younger ones.

The school site sign was erected in October of 2008. Many of the Martin family were happy to be present for the occasion. Delsie (Throndson ) Strome was instrumental in getting the sign for her former school.