Kinella School 1919 – 1959
Kinella was one of the last schools to close. Students were bussed to Blackfoot in 1959. When the school closed, the building was moved to a nearby farm where a family needed it for a home. It is thought that it is now some place north of Blackfoot.
There was a light rain falling, when we gathered on the roadside in front of the Kinella School site. Noel Wright had organized a work crew and they quickly had the sign in place. A few other interested community people were there with their cameras and their memories. The road past the school site was very busy with oil trucks. The young people back then, who had attended the school would have been quite startled with that kind of busy traffic beside their quiet country school.