Gap Lake School S.D. #3997 1921 -1941
Gap Lake was a small school north of Vermilion. It was known as a traveling school, as it was moved from one location to another in the district. Depending on where the student population was, the location changed. Mr. W. McCrae was chairman of the board and he had the responsibility of hooking up his team and moving the school when necessary.
The school building is now on its original site, which is very near Ken McCrae’s yard.
Because of being very near Vermilion, Gap Lake was one of the first rural schools to close. Since the time of its closure, it has been known as “Honeymoon Cottage”. Ken and Edith West began their married life in the old school.