Durness School 1908 – 1956
This school site is about 10 miles north and west of Lloydminster. It is a well kept building still used for community events. When the first school was destroyed by fire, in the mid thirties, the school was located on a more central site.
On the afternoon of June 15, the Durness Community planned for their annual summer picnic. They invited us to come with the sign that day. Thus there was a good crowd with lots of help when the sign was put up. This community is working together with a real country spirit.