Dewberry Rural School S. D. # 1934 1910 – 1945
This little school located three miles north of Dewberry had the distinction of being one of the few country schools to be built of brick. It was known by many names—Dewberry North, Dewberry Brick and Dewberry Rural. Dewberry Rural was the name chosen for the school site marker. The building is no longer at the site. The building was sold to Harry Goldsmith.
It was a very warm day in July when a group of former students met to see the sign go up. Mr. & Mrs. Headly Dennils shared the hospitality of their home later in the afternoon.