How to Join
As a member of the Parkland Area Retired Teachers’ Association, PARTA will liaison with ARTA on your behalf to provide information on retirement issues and the ARTA Benefits Plan. Not only do we provide crucial information to our members, we also host social events and organize a variety activities for our members!
Membership Dues: $10.00 per year. These fees are due at the September meeting.
All memberships extend from the first meeting each September to the following September regardless of when membership dues are paid.
Dues may be paid:
- At the September PARTA meeting or the first meeting a member attends for the year
- At the first meeting a person attends as a member
- Members are welcome to renew for multiple years
Who can become a member of PARTA?
Any person who meets any of the following requirements will be granted membership and full voting privilege:
- In receipt of a pension from the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund
- A retired or previously employed teacher from Alberta
- The spouse/partner of a member
- The surviving spouse of a retired teacher
- A retired teacher from another province, institution or district
- A previous employee of the Parkland School Division
- An Honorary Member of the Alberta Teachers’ Association
- Accepted by the ARTA as a regular or affiliate member
- Approved by the PARTA Executive
Benefits of Becoming a Member of PARTA:
- Provides an opportunity for like-minded retired professionals to get together
- Provides an avenue for members to remain informed about ARTA and the services offered (check out the links to ARTA for further information)
- Keeps members informed of current issues related to the welfare of retired teachers and seniors
- Provides opportunities for members to remain connected with friends and colleagues
- Provides opportunities for support and encouragement of members
- Access to the PARTA corporate membership at Jubilations Dinner Theatre