Wolf Creek Retired Teachers’ Association (WCRTA) is a branch of the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association that represents those retired teachers and ARTA affiliates from the areas of the counties of Lacombe and Ponoka or associated with this area. Membership in WCRTA is open to any retired teacher, retired substitute teacher, retired support staff, those retirees from other educational systems, and other retirees participating in the ARTA benefit plan as well as spouses of the above.
Purpose of WCRTA
WCRTA focuses on retired members’ needs.
- Presents retirement information to new retirees to encourage participation in ARTA and WCRTA.
- Supports the health, social well-being, active living and ageing of its members.
- Provides networking and social opportunities through luncheons, socials, and workshops.
- Promotes the interests of retirees and those of similar organizations.
- Maintains a liaison with ARTA.
WCRTA activities throughout the year.
- Welcome To Retirement/To Hell With The Bell Breakfast usually held in early September.
- Christmas Luncheon held in late November or early December.
- Spring Into Summer Luncheon held in May or June.
- Workshops, information sessions, socials, and joint branch activities on a periodic basis