The task of the Historian is twofold:
- record STARTA events
- gather, organize, and preserve items which are of interest to STARTA members and associates
These tasks are done by:
- Taking pictures at STARTA events such as monthly Breakfast Meetings, Summer Picnic, etc.
- Preserving those pictures, along with copies of current STARTA newsletters, in albums or on
digital media, noting names and dates whenever possible.
- Making those picture records freely available to STARTA members and associates by displaying
them at Breakfast Meetings or at special events such as Teachers’ Conventions or on the
- Collecting published items which mention STARTA members or associates and adding those to
the STARTA albums.
- Maintaining and updating the existing collection of STARTA members’ teaching biographies.
- Continuing to ensure proper storage and preservation of STARTA historical records such as
minutes of Executive Meetings, etc. Currently these items are stored in a filing cabinet (property
of STARTA) at the St. Albert Protestant Board of Education’s District office.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee
- Attends meetings of STARTA including Executive committee, breakfast and the annual general