Winter Wellness at Home
We’ve been trying some free fitness videos. Take a look if you have time. Keep in mind that since these are free, there are ads and they may ask you to subscribe (you don’t need to spend your $$); just search for more free ones.
Most of these video producers advise their viewers to use caution when doing any of these exercises/workouts and advise users to consult their doctor.
Here’s hoping you try a couple
- 7 Minute Good Morning Chair Workout with Physiotherapists Bob and Brad (10 min)
- What is good about this YouTube is that it has a chair and standing version (However, Bob & Brad can be a little annoying)
- 1.0 Mile Happy Walk at Home/Inside (15 min -- walking workout created by Leslie Sansone)
- An excellent workout you are able to adapt it to your fitness level.
- 15 Minute At Home Walking Video for Seniors (Fitness with Cindy)
- All Cindy’s videos are meant for seniors; she provides variations for varying fitness levels.
- 15 Minute Muscle Strength Video for Seniors (Another fitness video with Cindy)
- You can use whatever weight suits you.
- If you like Cindy, you may want to check her Video Library that include such exercises as: Lower back pain chair exercise, Foot pain relief, Relieve knee pain, Exercises for sore hands, Unlock arthritic foot, Help for sore neck and shoulders …
- Baby Boomers Senior Dance Fitness Workout (50 min with Paul Eugene)
- A favorite, especially if you love to dance. “… dance workout to oldies sound such as doo wop, Motown, pop …”
- Senior Gold Dance Fitness Aerobic Low Impact Workout (30 min with Paul Eugene)
MORE WINTER WELLNESS AT HOME
- 20 Min Exercise for Seniors, Elderly, & Older People - Seated Chair Exercise Senior Workout Routines
- Low intensity with variations for different fitness levels MY OPINION – SEEM TO BE TALKING DOWN TO THEIR AUDIENCE
- Dance Fitness 70’s music , 42 min with ZCancertLiz
- Alberta Council on Aging Newsletter p 13 Be Active—Warming Up for Your Daily Life (stretching, balance and strength)
Are you involved in an activity or project that you would like to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and perhaps we could pass it along to the membership.